Free School Meals Vouchers
Unfortunately, the government has chosen not to continue to extend Free School Meals Vouchers into the holidays.
However, if you are a parent or carer, and receive any of the benefits below, then your child could be eligible for Free School Meals while in school.
It is important to apply even if your child is eligible for aged-based Free School Meals. Being entitled to Free School Meals based on income/benefits status will mean that your child is considered Pupil Premium, and they will be eligible for additional benefits and support.
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
To apply for free school meals, parents will need to apply online at:
If your application for free school meals is successful, you are also entitled to claim for up to two uniform grants for your child, one in each primary key stage:
- Key Stage 1 (reception to year 2) £30
- Key Stage 2 (year 3 to year 6) £60
Parents can make a claim for a uniform grant by clicking on this link below and completing the form: